Did you know that February 14th, Valentine’s Day, was established as a day to celebrate love and friendship in honor of Saint Valentine of Rome? This patron saint of lovers, a.k.a. “Cupid”, would risk his life in order to unite young couples in marriage!
The international day of love and friendship is right around the corner, and there are plenty of ways to celebrate. In Puerto Peñasco, we’ve got a little something for everyone’s taste. Anything you may need to celebrate such an important day with the person you love, or together with friends, can definitely be found here.
We can’t forget we are living in times of a pandemic, or the need to adapt to this new reality, so we continue to respect health measures such as keeping a safe distance whenever around others.
Even so, our SAFE POINT travel destination still has many great deals and options from which to choose so you can make this Valentine’s Day special and unforgettable! Puerto Peñasco’s restaurants, resorts, and the entire tourism sector is readying a variety of possibilities so you can delight your Valentine however you choose!
Let us help make your decision a little easier with our TOP 5 romantic activities to do in Puerto Peñasco. These, along with your own creativity, will surely make the day magical!
1. PICNIC: Take advantage of our spectacular natural backdrop, the Sea of Cortez! Set up a romantic picnic on the beach and surprise your favorite person with a special gift. Service providers and planners can help magically put together your favorite dishes, flowers, chocolates, and any other romantic detail you’d need for a truly unforgettable evening.
2. DINNER FOR TWO: Dining at a restaurant within a resort will lift your date to another level of elegance. Several chefs across the city are preparing special Valentine’s dinner courses that are sure to impress. Some specials even include live music. Be sure to reserve in advance so you don’t miss out!
3. SPA DATE: Visiting a Spa as a couple can be the most romantic way to escape routine and connect with your significant other. Pamper each other with relaxing massages, facials, aromatherapy, and even a glass of wine, just to mention a few services these relaxation centers offer.
4. SUNSET CRUISE: If outdoor activities are more your style, Puerto Peñasco’s famous sunset cruises are the perfect option. What could be more romantic than the ambiance of a sunset out at sea? As an added plus, we are officially in whale and dolphin sighting season!
Ask your favorite certified tour operator for the best times to appreciate sightings, which is indeed a truly unforgettable experience.
5. DREAM PROPOSAL: Ok, this option is for those who are really serious. Coming to Rocky Point with the love of your life, and not taking advantage of the surrounding natural beauty to pronounce your love, would be a lost opportunity. Whether planning something intimate, just for two, or something BIG to make your proposal of love public, our wedding organizers and specialists will help with every detail for your dream proposal.
So, how about these options?
As the Convention and Visitors Bureau, we are delighted to share all that Puerto Peñasco has to offer.