The health of residents and visitors alike is our main priority. To make sure you can enjoy your time in safe and healthy conditions, we are collaborating with the Secretary of Health and authorities on steps to ensure the best services!
- Mandatory health measures include use of masks (nose/mouth covering) in public areas and within all establishments open to the public, use of antibacterial gel, and maintaining safe social distancing between people.
- MANDATORY CURFEW FROM 24:00 – 6:00 A.M.
- As of August 1, access to beaches and maritime activities is allowed under health safety protocols
- Vehicles may carry up to the passenger capacity of the vehicle. Regarding sports vehicles (Rhino, RZRs, and others), a maximum of 4 is allowed per RZR, and 2 for Rhinos and similar vehicles.
- Only one person is allowed on motorcycles, ATVs, and similar vehicles.
- Pools within resorts and hotels are open
- Alcohol sales until 24:00 hrs.
- “La Milla” and “El Ovalo” athletic areas are open
- Only one person per family may enter department stores, or similar establishments
- Avoid crowding of people
BEACH HOURS 6 A.M. – 7 P.M.
Objective: Clearly define steps for Administrators and/or Owners and/or Rental Companies and/or Owners of properties that offer Lodging services in Puerto Peñasco, so they may reactive operations, in compliance with all established guidelines, related with the Agreement which ascribes Specific Technical Guidelines for Reopening of Economic Activities, published in the Official Journal of the Federation, Friday, May 29, 2020.
The strategy establishes that reopening of activities must be done gradually, orderly, and cautiously. Furthermore, in preparation, all health protocols must be followed. Therefore, the Government of Mexico provides “Specific Technical Guidelines for Reopening of Economic Activities,” for the purpose of ensuring an orderly, gradual, and cautious reopening of economic activities.
Success in returning to the new normal is the responsibility of everyone. The protocols are documents that entail a good faith commitment, therefore the information you provide us, under oath, must correspond to the real conditions of your property that offers Lodging services.
- The Federal Government provides the following on its site: www.nuevanormalidad.gob.mx so you can obtain the health and safety protocols corresponding to each type of activity and size of the Property Offering Lodging Services. These can be found on the documents tab.
- Once the Property offering Lodging Services completes the self-evaluation registry regarding Health & Safety Protocol for businesses, which is located at www.nuevanormalidad.gob.mx , on the tab “Company Data” (Datos de la Empresa), and once your Property offering Lodging Services is approved by the Federal Government, the same system will issue an approval Code.
- With the Approval Code of the Federal Government, the Property offering Lodging Services will have to fill out the Letter of Commitment with the City Administration of Puerto Peñasco, which can be found at: at the Puerto Peñasco Office of Economic Development located at City Hall, first floor, at the address on the corner of Blvd. Benito Juarez and Blvd. Freemont.
- All Providers of Lodging Services are obligated to register their property to ensure compliance with health safety protocols.
- In an expository though not limited manner, a Provider of Lodging Services is understood to be one of the following:
a) Hotels and Motels
b) Condominium Regime (Homes and Condominiums)
c) RV Park
d) Daily Home Rentals
e) And others that may apply where visitors may stay overnight
- The document is to be filled out by the Legal Representative or owner of the property or Rental Company, as applicable:
a) For Hotels & Motels, this will be the Legal Representative.
b) For Condominium Regimes, this will be the Administrator of the Condominium Regime and/or rental company.
c) For RV Parks, this will be the Legal Representative.
d) For Daily Home Rentals, this will be the Owner or Rental Company.
- Once this document is completed, you must take it to the Puerto Peñasco Office of Economic Development, located at City Hall, first floor, at the address on the corner of Blvd. Benito Juarez and Blvd. Freemont.
- Once the letter of commitment is approved by the Puerto Peñasco Office of Economic Development, it will be passed to the Office of Civil Protection in order to complete the Course on Steps to take at a Company to Prevent Contagion of Covid-19.
- All Properties offering Lodging, workplaces, as well as offices, common areas, elevators, hallways, hotel rooms, condominiums, daily home rentals, RV Park, etc. must be sanitized by one of the companies authorized by the Municipal Health Office, for more information contact 63838 85152
- Once all the above requirements are met, the Property offering Lodging will be certified by the City and authorized to offer Lodging services.
- Lodging services can only be offered if the property has been sanitized by one of the companies authorized by the Municipal Health Office. Therefore, each property, through its representative, owner, or rental company, must present proof and leave a copy of the certification services.
- The Sanitization Certification is valid for 15 days, therefore the property must be sanitized and present a new Certificate at least every 15 days.
- The legal representative of Hotels, Motels, or RV Parks / the Administrator of every Condominium Regime / The owner or renter of daily home rentals, will be responsible for sending in the valid Certificate of Sanitization in order to be on the list of certified properties that offer lodging services.
- The list of properties certified to offer Rental services will be sent to the Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Municipal Commissioner’s Office.
- Tour buses must only be at 50% capacity.
- Lodging centers that have federal maritime land must commit to having safety personnel monitoring that guests do not enter the sea.
- The lodging center must send the Convention and Visitors Bureau a daily copy with the name and date of visitors’ entry and departure.
- In case of failing to comply with the regulations established in this protocol, sanctions ranging from fines to business closures will be applied.
Process at the Control Point:
- Staff from the Convention and Visitors Bureau (OCV) will request:
b) In addition, they will request information regarding the property where the visitor will be staying, that being a Hotel, Motel, RV Park, Development and Condominium Number, or Nomenclature if concerning a home.
- Personnel from the Navy and National Guard will take down information of vehicles and, with a thermal camera, take temperatures of all passengers in the vehicle. If everyone has a body temperature less than 37.5ºC (normal body temperature), they will be allowed entry.
a) If any of the passengers has a high temperature, a second test will be done with a digital thermometer. If the person has a temperature less than 37.5ºC (normal body temperature), they will all be given entry to the city.
b) In case this second test indicates a high temperature, the individual will be welcome to do a rapid test for Covid-19, with results in 15 minutes. If the passenger does not accept, entry into the city will be denied to all passengers. If undergoing the test, entry will be allowed depending on the test result.
- Staff from the Municipal Health Office is responsible for update their Health Certification at least 4 days prior to expiration to prevent denial of entrance at the checkpoint and inform to the CVB Rocky Point (Puerto Peñasco Convention Visitors Bureau)
- Representatives of Properties offering Lodging are obligated to inform their guests of regulations in the City such as:
a) Restaurant/bars are operating at 40% capacity and all are following Covid-19 safety and health protocols
b) Mandatory 10 p.m. curfew
c) Bars and nightclubs are closed
d) Sports fishing, boat cruises, and use of ATVs (razers, rhinos) is allowed. Use of jetskis, kayaks, sailboats, etc. is prohibited.
e) More than two people per vehicle will be permitted when entering and leaving town, as well as when driving around the city. Masks are required.
f) Use and enjoyment of federal beach concession area in front of each Property offering Lodging is allowed, this does not extend to swimming in the ocean.
g) Visitors may use pools within the lodging center.
h) Maintain a healthy distance of 1.5 meters at all times.
i) Use of nose/mouth coverings (masks) is mandatory in public spaces.
j) Inform guests most commercial establishments only allow one person from a group to enter.
k) The malecón is closed.
l) It is recommended, though not mandatory, to presently refrain from traveling with minors under 12, or adults over 65.
- To guarantee transparency, The list of properties certified by the City will be published on the official Puerto Peñasco City page, https://puertopenasco.gob.mx/ as well as on the site of the Puerto Peñasco Convention and Visitors Bureau www.cometorockypoint.com , which will be consistently updated to indicate solely the following information:
b) Condominium Development with condominium number and/or home
c) And others that may apply where visitors may stay overnight
RESORTS / HOTELS
- LAS PALOMAS BEACH & GOLF RESORT
- Las Palmas Reservations
- HOTEL PEÑASCO DEL SOL
- HOTEL PLAYA BONITA
- HOTEL LLUVIA DEL MAR
- HOTEL PARAISO
- HOTEL PLAZA PEÑASCO
- HOTEL MAR Y SOL
- HOTEL VIÑA DEL MAR
- HOTEL BEST WESTERN LAOS MAR
- Hotel Señorial
- Hotel Alexander
- Mannys Beach Club
- HOTEL BAJA CANTINA
- HOTEL PALMA DE ORO
- HOTEL TRITON
- PALACIO DEL MAR
- BELLA VISTA
- CORONA DEL SOL
- LINDA VISTA
- CORONA DEL SOL 103 Y 304
- Hotel Blue Point
- Suites Dubai
- Esmeralda NNA DEV
- Hotel La Arena 3C
- Hotel Kelaia
- Hotel Granada del Mar
- Posada de Leon
- Vidanta Puerto Peñasco
- Fiesta de Cortez
- Hotel Vista Marina
- Villas Nuevo Leon
- La Roca
- Sea Rock Hotel
- Hotel Playa Azul
- Hotel Arizona
- Hotel Vino del Mar
- Hot Point Motel & Suites
- Hotel El Mirador
- Motel Carmelita
- Aguila’s Hidaway
- Rosa del Desierto
- Hotel Costa Elegante
- SONORAN SKY
- SONORAN SEA
- SONORAN SPA
- Sonoran Sun
- LAS PALOMAS HOA
- Casa Blanca
- Las Palmas
- Costa Diamante
- Bella Sirena
- PUERTA PRIVADA
- Encanto Living
- Luna Blanca
- LAGUNA SHORES
- Esmeralda Resort HOA
- Condominios Las Gaviotas
- Tessoro Rocky Point AC
- Mayan Lakes
- Paradise Villas Resort AC
- OCEANO RENTALS
- FMI RENTALS
- PEÑASCO SALES AND RENTALS
- PROSERVICES ROCKY POINT
- Premium Vacation
- Bella Sirena Luxury Properties
- Mar de Cortez Rentals
- Best Rentals by America Marquez
- Playa Azul Resorts
- CASA JARDIN DEL MAR
- Tommy Bahamas
- SANDY BEACH RENTALS
- SEA RENTS
- Coral Rentals
- Coast line Vacations
- OBED TREJO
- Wendy Ramirez Sanchez
- Peñasco Beach Club
- Impulso ARX
- All in point
- Caracoles Homes
- Berry Rentals
- Del Mar Vacation
- Louie’s home rental
- Shary Polanco
- PROPERTY INVESTMENT EXPERTS S DE RL DE CV
- SAnd Dollar rentals
Self Renting Owner
- Casa Lucy y Plaza Goya Suites
- DEPARTAMENTOS VERCHIEL
- casablanca d104
- VILLA VALIENTE “LA fantastica”
- Casa Lola
- Villa Portugal
- Wendy Winzer
- Departamentos de León
- Hospedaje Mulege
- Mi Casita
- Casa Palma Real
- Luis Alonso Garcia Espinosa
- Condominios Palacio del Mar 104, 105 y 205
- Howard bruce Tolchinsky
- Casa del Milagro de la Jolla
- Reyna 1 Rentals by Carol Johnson
- La Palapa Condos and Casitas
- Ignacio A. Leyva
- Los 3 amigous 1 y 2
- Casa Castillo
- Laurence Norman Beaumont
- Departamentos Villegas
- Casa en el Puerto
- Marco Tulio Nuñez
- Departamentos María
- Rodney Alan Smith
- Eleazar Velazquez Alvarez, Casa esmeralda y Casa buena vida
- Hacienda la nube
- Servicios del mar
- Sandra Luz Sanchez Barrera
- Miriam León León
- M&V RENTALS BY VICTOR SABORI
- Lizbeth Guadalupe Monge Rodríguez
- Desert by The Sea Rentals
- Apartamentos Alegría
- Fernando Vazquez
- Gabriel Camargo
- Robin Kay Anderson
- Elizabeth Morales Muñoz
- Margarita Damieda Sanchez
- Carlos Javier Ortiz Delgadillo
- Jose Daniel Lopez Polina
- Melissa Carmelo Airbnb
- CASAROLE / KIMBERLY GUETHLE
- Gary Montgomery – Beach House Rentals
- Martha Ofelia Valenzuela Félix
- Kimberly Ann Guethle
- José Daniel López Polina